VETERAN'S HOME REPAIR PROGRAM
URGENT! Time to apply is short! Don’t Delay!
The program will focus on health and safety repairs, and addressing accessibility issues within the homes of veterans in Lake County. This program is funded through a partnership between the Home Depot Foundation and Habitat for Humanity. An assessment will be made of the home’s condition to determine which repairs are within the scope of capabilities of Habitat for Humanity Lake County.
- The qualifying household must own and live in their home for at least 5 years or be living in a permanent situation with a family member who is the homeowner and has owned the home for at least 5 years. Certain exceptions may apply.
- The household must qualify as low income per the HUD guidelines (see table below).
- Requirement of a payback loan based on ability to pay. Loan amount to be decided after inspection and calculation of ability to pay. Minimum amount of payment could be as low as $25.00 per month
- Applicant must have limited other assets, such as funds in bank accounts, money market funds, stock and bonds, personal property etc.
- Households that desire this service must fill out the application completely, and provide the necessary financial verification information. Applications that are incomplete or do not contain all necessary documentation will have the processing delayed.
- If an applicant passes the financial verification, a house visit will be made for the purpose of an assessment of the scope of the required repairs.
- Once the type and amount of repair work is determined, if it is within the capabilities of HFH Lake County, the organization will obtain necessary resources and schedule the repair efforts.
Income Requirements for the Home Depot Veteran’s Home Repair Program
|FAMILY SIZE||MAXIMUM INCOME|
If you meet the above qualifications, you can download the Veteran’s Home Repair Application. The form must be filled out completely and returned to our office by mail, email, or in person, along with all requested documentation. To fill out the form, you must have Adobe Reader or another PDF editor. Email us at email@example.com for more information.